Appendix A. Operating Procedures Outline Sheet (OPOS).
An OPOS establishes safe window cleaning and exterior maintenance procedures for buildings and structures. An OPOS shall include all of the necessary elements in pictorial and written form, to instruct employees in the safe use of roof supported building maintenance equipment or window cleaning procedures not covered by these Orders. An OPOS shall contain at least the following elements:
1. Isometric or plan view drawing (pictorial drawing) of the building's roof, including the building's name, address, and the date the OPOS was prepared; and
a. The drawing shall be legible and kept with the building's written assurance; and
2. Identification of drop zones, recommended drop sequences, scaffold configurations, and specific building maintenance procedures including the equipment to be used, e.g. permanent roof rigging platform, ground rigged scaffolding, davits, outrigger beams, boatswain's chair or seatboard, etc.; and
3. Identification of all anchorage points for personal fall arrest systems and building maintenance equipment; and
4. Identification of personal fall protection requirements and, if applicable, procedures for securing equipment; and
5. If applicable, identification of all dangerous areas on the roof by highlighting all of the "Danger Zone(s)" on the pictorial drawing(s); and
6. If applicable, description of the means and methods to be used to transfer equipment from drop location to drop location or between building levels; and
7. Identification of equipment limitations, load ratings, and special use conditions; and
8. Provisions for pre-operational, operation and maintenance inspections; and
9. Identification of the access and egress to the work locations and the storage area(s) for the permanent or transportable building maintenance equipment; and
10. If applicable, indication of the location and method of stabilization provided for the suspended equipment; and
11. Emergency and rescue procedures, and means of communications to be used during such procedures; and
12. Method(s) to be used to control employee exposure to falls while they are in the "Danger Zone."
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Addition of Appendix A of Article 5 filed 7-23-98; effective 8-22-98 (Register 98, No. 9-Z).